$190,plus shared room and board
Bonus pay is available for staff who commit to 8 or more weeks.
4 week minimum requirement.
Must complete a week of training in June.
Available start dates are
June 2, June 11, June 18 and June 25
Camp Start date: June 2nd, 2012
End Date: August 10th, 2012
*Job Requirements*: The Aquatics Manager must have a current Red Cross
W.S.I. Certificate, or lifeguard training certificate, and have a minimum
of six weeks supervisory or management experience in an aquatic setting or
with people with developmental disabilities. Must be currently certified
in CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Standard First Aid.
*Responsible to*: Program Manager / Program Director
1. Responsible for a complete list of physical or
medical restrictions and other information pertinent to swimming prior to
each camping session.
2. Responsible to make decisions as to whether or not
to have swimming if weather conditions are doubtful and in consultation
with lifeguards, decide if weather conditions warrant use of boats.
3. Is responsible for leading orientation sessions for
staff members on how to support campers in the pool and lake and outlining
all policies and procedures for these areas.
4. Aquatics Manager schedules and works out details of
canoe trips for lessons, practice, and actual trip in partnership with
counselors and village leaders.
5. Assume responsibility for safety of both and staff
during all waterfront and pool activities.
6. Provide instruction for in adjusting to water,
learning to swim, and adapted activities.
7. Explain emergency procedures and daily routines to
all staff during the orientation of the waterfront area and the pool.
8. Is responsible for assisting in planning rainy day
9. Responsible for completion of swimming records on
each participant at the end of each session, if applicable.
10. Is responsible for maintenance and cleaning of
waterfront beach, boating areas, island dock and the pool. This includes
maintaining clean bathrooms at both the waterfront and the pool area. Repo=
any maintenance problems to the camp full time maintenance staff.
11. Is responsible for attending planning meetings and
assist in ensuring that campers have as many opportunities to swim as
possible during any given week.
12. Is responsible for providing a safe environment for
to participates and staff in aqua activities.
13. Helps in assigned village cabin when not working with
14. Is responsible for supervision of lifeguards and
fishing guide by providing support and completing evaluations and rounding
regularly with them.
15. Follow ACA standards regarding all aqua activities as assigned by
Program Manager and Program Director.
16. Carry out duties and responsibilities listed for
Program Staff, as assigned by Program Manager.
Friendship Ventures is a non-profit agency that creates unique educational, recreational and social opportunities for people of all ages with mental and physical developmental disabilities. We also offer conference and retreat services and professional team-building programs to the communities we serve.
How to Apply
Phone: 952-852-0101 or 1-800-450-8376 ask for any Program Team member